Sunday 2 February 2020

World War Toons - Meng Kit WWT-007 - PzKpfw V Panther


Moin, today I will show you some progress on my custom parts for the Meng kit, Nr. WWT-007, PzKpfw V Panther from the Word War Toons-serie.

It’s all starts with the conversion kit for the Early JagdPanther from RetroKit.
I built a Jagdpantherin 1/35 from Revel and I was excited from the tank. The model is now one of my favourite. 
So I needed the Meng kit and the conversion kit.



The kit is nice but also too simple on some parts. I couldn't live with that, so I have to create some custom parts by my own.

The track from the kit is a simple rubber track so I draw a new one using technical drawings.
But this was not the end, the wheels are also not good enough for me and the suspension was absolute wrong.


In the meantime, the whole thing run out of control and I  have to change more kit parts.



current status:

ready: drive wheel, running wheels and guide wheel, suspension for the wheels, replacement of the side walls

on the last test: track complete, construction tool for the tracks, holder for the track link on the side wall, the torsion spring system (pictures will follow later)

weitere Entwicklung: tools, more parts



Pictures:


Track

CAD track
CAD drawings from the track


single track link
single track link with support structure

35 track links
complete set for one side, include some spare parts

construction tool
Test construction tool


short track
8 track links


There are still a few things to be tested with the track, so that it fits well with the kit and the custom parts.

track on kit parts
the custom track on the kit parts


the new wheels
CAD wheels
CAD drawing from the new wheels
comparison with the kit
drive wheel
drive wheel

running wheel
wheel 1

running wheel
wheel 2

guide wheel
guide wheel
wheels and track
wheels on tracks


Chassis
CAD side wall
CAD drawing side wall

printed side wall
printed side wall

CAD wheel suspension
CAD drawing wheel suspension

wheel suspension
wheel suspension
CAD  guide wheel suspension
CAD drawing for the guide wheel suspension
Schwinge Leitrad
guide wheel suspension
CAD left side suspension
CAD left side suspension
Seitenwand - Schwingen
left side suspension
CAD chassis
CAD chassis

chassis
chassis with wheels
chassis with wheels
chassis with wheels


and some pic whith the track

left side chassis
left side chassis




More informations and picture for the next plans you will find in Ideas.


Ideas for the Panther



If you have questions, wishes or suggestions, send me a message or write in the comments.